Sunday, December 23, 2012

Reflecting On a Great Year and Plans For the New Year

Christmaspost

 

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

And for those not celebrating Christmas, Happy Sunday!

Because, yes, it's Sunday and I usually post on Tuesday. I decided to post today, because I know a whole lot of you are going to be super busy tomorrow and Tuesday, opening presents, savoring the delight on childrens faces, and eating way too many holiday desserts (shh, I won't tell!)

And this is always a great time to look back on our accomplishments this year. Sure you probably didn't meet every single goal you set 12 months ago, but who cares? I know I didn't read the 52 books I arrogantly vowed to read, I didn't finish that novel I've been writing for years.

But the goal isn't always what is important. Sometimes, the anticipation, the desire, the planning is what you really need. Failing to complete all your goals does not mean failure.

Did you learn anything this year? Did you figure out a way to do something better or differently?

Remember:
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" —Thomas Edison

Think about the wonderful things you did accomplish this year.

My list of accomplishments include:

  • Realizing that I have so much more to say than I ever dreamed.

  • Deciding to start a real blog.

  • Actually creating said blog.

  • Developing my philosophical/religious self

  • Finding a novel plot that just might keep my interest long enough to finish writing it

  • Realizing my mulitpotentiality thanks the fabulous Emilie Wapnick.

  • Meeting some amazing other writers on Google+ (Yes, this means you Bliss Morgan, Heather Dudley, Karen Woodward, Laura Klein, Lewis Miranda, and oh so many others!)

  • Meeting some wonderful A-Listers like Bobbi Emel, Leah McClellan, CJ and Tammy, and so many more!


know you have an amazing list as well!

And what about 2013?

I know I have a long list there as well, the entirety of which I won't bore you with, but here are a few you might be interested in:

  • Writing an eBook for Un-Copied Life

  • Finishing my novel

  • Creating an email course for Un-Copied Life

  • Creating several more freebies for my awesome followers


Things will definitely be getting exciting around here!

Which brings me nicely to my next point.

I know some of you probably have noticed already, but in case you haven't (or you're reading this in your email), there are now two lovely new items displayed in the sidebar.

First, I have release the very first freebie for blog subscribers!

Mindful You


It's called Mindful You: Beginners Guide and Workbook. For the most part, it's a compilation of the mindfulness series I did a while back, but it's been put together in pdf format with workbook questions that you can conveniently download onto your computer. (For those already subscribed, I will be sending you a separate email with the link to the download, so make sure to keep an eye out for it!).


As I said, this is absolutely free, but it's only available for subscribers. To subscribe just fill out the subscribe form in the orange bar at the top of the page or the form on the right. (email readers click here)


And second, you'll notice a banner on the right for an absolutely wonderful writing course called The Fast Track To Polished Prose by Leah McClellan. I'm a member of this course, and I can tell you, it's absolutely worth the price. If you are a fellow writer, blogger, or need to brush up on your writing skills for work or school, then you should really check out this course. You can either click on the image below or head over to the new Products & Services page if you'd like to read my disclaimer on affiliate relationships.

The Fast Track to Polished Prose

Now, I'm off to bake a Pecan Pie and a yummy hash brown casserole for my family's Christmas dinner tomorrow night. I hope all of you are enjoying your holidays, which ever ones they may be!

Let me know in the comments, your top moments of 2012. And what things do you most want to accomplish in 2013?

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kim and Merry Christmas!

    I feel blessed to have met you and so many other great A-Listers this year, too! And I'm happy to have become more serious about my blogging, to have my freebie all set, and am excited to develop a product next year.

    Wishing you a wonderful time with your family and looking forward to working with you more next year on the A-List!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    Thank you so much for creating Mindful You. I look forward to reading it.

    Our accomplishments have been to:
    -get much of our book written
    -start a blog
    -polish up our finances (they weren't very sparkly!)
    -continue eating healthy and exercising

    We appreciate your including us on your list. We have certainly enjoyed getting to know you these past few months and really enjoy your writing and blog!

    Happy holidays and the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot, Kim! 2012 rocked! I'm glad I've been able to follow your journey this year. My kids and I made a huge mind map on our hallway wall to figure out our goals for 2013. We feel so empowered having done so.

    I love your 2013 goals. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a tip-top 2012, Kim! It looks like the list of a committee rather than an individual. And thanks for the kind words about our site. Starting a book/blog was big for us. Getting planks up to 2'30" was good for me. Zero balance on the credit card was earth shattering. 2013 could see a published book and consistent comments on our blog posts. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you'll rock it, Bobbi! Everything you do is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Tammy!

    ooooh! I can't wait to see your book!

    Happy Holidays to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed following you as well!

    The image of this wall size mind map delights me haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Color me jealous, I wish I could hold a plank longer than 5 seconds! (being immobile after a car accident last year has left my middle rather weak).

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot! Looks like you had a great year Kim.

    Congrats on releasing your first subscriber freebie! I remember when I finally got around to finishing mine, I felt great, because it was the first real piece of creative/written work I had ever created.

    My top moments:
    1) Quitting my job and moving into positive psychology
    2) Making killer progress on my fibromyalgia

    Goals for 2013:
    World domination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your accomplishments. I have joined your subscriber list and look forward to following your journey in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a busy year, Kim - and it shows.

    I know first hand how daunting knocking out that first freebie can be - and how great it feels when you finish it. Congratulations. I'm happy to have gotten to know you somewhat this year - and look forward to spending another year with you all at A-List.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, I can't wait to read your novel! I have a feeling you are going to make great progress on it in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Graham Phoenix | Male eXperienceThursday, January 3, 2013 at 6:03:00 AM EST

    Thank you for that article reminding me that it's ok to fail (oops... sorry... learn!). I have made some commitments for this year that are about being grateful and taking time, regularly, to clarify what my intentions are. I find that knowing what I want clears the path to achieving it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Keep my secret so there will be no scandals* http://www.winnezyblog.com/2015/11/keep-my-secret-so-there-will-be-no.html

    ReplyDelete